Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Oh bla dee

Not much is going on. I did manage to successfully run my first errand yesterday. I had ordered some photo items from walmart.com to be shipped to the store, some memory books and a calendar, and they arrived so I had to go pick them up. So I strapped her to me with the Moby wrap which is basically a 100 foot long piece of fabric you wrap around yourself in various ways and thusly strap the baby to you. Now Aubrey is one of the cutest babies (who am I kidding, the cutest baby) in the entire world, and she's still so tiny, so she gets a ton of stares. Well all of the women milling about walmart on Monday morning were adoringly staring at the baby, and it takes you back a little to have everyone one you pass stare at your chest and smile even if it is because of the baby stuck to you there. Anyhow, part of the order was wrong and part was missing so I had to go up to the front and return and get a refund and reorder the mixed up part. The poor girl was new and it took her a while and a couple managers and in the end she mistakenly tried to give me a refund for the entire order so she had to start over. Well thanks to the Moby wrap Aubrey slept through the whole thing and going to walmart became the most exciting event of the past week. That sounds so sad! It does give me hope though, Aubrey is starting to get a schedule and is taking breaks in her feeding so I am getting an hour here and there to accomplish stuff.

Less exciting is Aubrey's 2 month appointment coming up tomorrow. She has to get a million shots which is just killing me. She's a very calm baby which is lucky for me because it tears me up inside when she cries, so I might just have a nervous breakdown after this fateful day. And if Aubrey's pain and suffering won't be enough, I've heard stories of mothers being treated as abusive and neglectful parents for refusing vaccinations. I'm only opposed to giving an infant the Hep B vaccination (she'll get it when she's older) so we'll see how that goes. *Not to say I think the Hep B vaccination is unsafe, I just have my reasons. When they tried to give it to her at the hospital I said we were gong to wait on giving her that until she's older and they said "okay, at the 2 month appointment" and wrote that down. Oy.

No comments: