Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Say Cheese

I know I've been a total slacker when it comes to updating here! We're down to 72 days until Jarom's last day - wooo hoooo! And Aubrey and I will be leaving a little before then. And since the munchkin is a 22 hour a day job I've been trying to pack a little each day in those 2 hours I sometimes have. I know, excuses, excuses... Well here is something to make you smile then -



Everything is good over here in Nebraska. The warm weather is slipping away very quickly. Now it's time to bundle up and do all the fun fall things you can do out here in the middle of the country, like... corn mazes, pumpkin patches, hay rides, and .... more corn stuff I guess.

Aubrey is getting so big, and so fast. One second trying to give stuff to the dog, the next second climbing on top of the couch, the next running away from me with a guilty look on her face and probably something in her mouth. She is learning new words all the time and definitely understands us, but that doesn't translate to obeying those words when it doesn't sound fun. "Bring Mommy a book or toy" are always winners, "eat your peas", not so much.

Mommy and Daddy are her favorite toys right now. She figured out that she can grab our fingers and lead us around the house and to whatever fun thing she wants us to do. Like bringing us to her flower toy that plays music and making us dance. The other day Jarom was sitting on the couch counting to 3 then lifting her up in the air from the ground then plopping her on his lap. If he stopped Aubrey would grab his hands and start counting "one, one, eeee" or "two, one, eeee" every once in a while she even got "one, two, eeee" I was rolling. Who needs outside entertainment when you have a toddler?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That was hilarious...she and her cheese were in a world of their own! I love how she would say "cheeeeeeese" like "geronimooooo!" and then let it plop down - funny!!!